Alpine Elements Ski Deal of the Week!
There has been a recent dump of snow all over the Alps and there perhaps isn’t a better time so far this year to hit the slopes!
We recently had word from Alpine Elements about their Ski Deal of the Week with a last minute booking to La Plagne for just £355 including 7 nights chalet or hotel, flights, transfers and catering.
Other deals they currently have are shown below:
22nd January 2017
- La Plagne – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £355
- Meribel – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £425
- Tignes – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £425
- Les Arcs – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £375
- Morzine – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £346
- Val d’Isere – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £399
- La Tania – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £549
29th January 2017
- Meribel – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £549
- Tignes – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £525
- St Anton – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £648
- Les Arcs – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £498
- Morzine – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £525
- Val d’Isere – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £550
- La Tania – 7 Nts chalet or hotel, flights, transfers & catering – £698
Taking Bailey Skiing Next Year?
My wife and I have been skiing for a couple of years now and usually fly to Geneva from whichever airport has been closest at the time.
We recently bought a Bailey Approach Autograph 625 and are seriously considering driving down to the ski resorts next year for a weeks fun in the snow.
We’ve got flights booked already for January and it’s probably too expensive for anyone else to buy the flight from us and change the names, so we’ll probably be going out then anyway, but will definitely be travelling over the Channel next year. Whether it’s skiing in March or just touring in summer remains to be seen.
Has anyone driven to the resort and survived in a motorhome while on a skiing holiday in the Alps?
- Any recommendations for stop-overs on the way down?
- Are there any tour companies that run ‘convoys’ down the the Alps? If not, why not? 🙂
- What, if any, are the recommended routes to the Alps?
- Any recommendations for a place to moor up for a week? We were thinking Morzine as we’ve been there a couple of times before and know the resort.
- What are the legal requirements for tyres and snow chains etc?
- What are the main things we should be taking with us?
- Is there a ski rack conversion for a bike rack?
- What’s the recommended way to cross the Channel these days given the current problems near Calais, Eurostar or one of the ferries?
Any advice would of course be most welcomed and we’ll be posting updates as and when the planning gets underway.
Win a Morzine Holiday for 2 With Ski-Lifts
I shouldn’t really tell you as it will reduce my chance of winning, but with Winter fast approaching, Ski-Lifts have again come up with a great winter holiday competition to win a holiday for 2 in Morzine.
The dates are from 15th January to 22nd January and the prize includes the following:
- 1 Weeks Accommpdation at the Chalet Carclion
- 6 Days Portes du Soleil Lift Passes
- Ski or Snowboard Hire
- Return Flights and Transfers to Geneva
Here are the details we received from Ski-Lifts:
Chalet Carclion is a large catered chalet in Morzine, close to all shops, bars and restaurants. Catering includes breakfast, homemade afternoon tea and a 4-course evening meal including wine. On one evening of your holiday, your chalet hosts take a deserved evening off, giving you the opportunity to wander into town to sample one of the many excellent restaurants Morzine has to offer. Riders Refuge also offer you a free shuttle service in the mornings and afternoons to get you to and from the lifts.
On arrival you will be visited by Doorstep Skis who will deliver to you your free ski or snowboard and equipment hire for the week and fit you for it in the comfort of your chalet. None of this hanging around a busy hire shop when you could be relaxing!
Your lift passes will be waiting for you on arrival, they are being provided courtesy of the Morzine lift office and you will receive two full area, 6-day Portes du Soleil passes so you can explore as much of the 600km of piste as you can manage.
Here at Ski-Lifts we’ll be offering you return flights from a convenient UK airport to Geneva and return shared transfers direct to your accommodation at either end of your holiday.
This amazing prize includes:
- One weeks half board accommodation in a twin or double room at the Chalet Carclionin Morzine. (Breakfast, afternoon tea & 4 course meal for 6 nights, plus in resort minibus service) provided by Riders Refuge
- Return transfers to Chalet Carclion from Geneva Airport courtesy of Ski-Lifts
- Your pick of return flights from any UK airport to Geneva.
- Two 6-day Portes Du Soleil Lifts passes courtesy of the Morzine Lift pass office.
- Ski or Snowboard Hire for the week – delivered to the chalet by our partner Doorstep Skis the Premier Ski and Snowboard delivery service in Morzine.
For full terms and conditions and information about how to enter click here.
We’d like to wish you all the very best of luck, and just maybe, happy holidays!