Inghams was founded by Walter Ingham in 1934 and celebrates its 80th year in 2014. Inghams is one of the UK’s leading specialist tour operators. Inghams is part of Swiss travel organisation Hotelplan, which is in turn part of the Migros organisation, the largest grocery wholesaler and retailer in Switzerland.
With 80 years of operating Ski and Lakes & Mountains holidays, it’s no surprise Inghams is expert at delivering award winning holidays to its loyal guests. The foundation of our success is the deep and long-lasting relationships with our partner hoteliers and other suppliers. These enduring partnerships and friendships are fundamental in creating the best holidays and value for our customers.
We’ve been around for around 37 years, starting out as two separate companies; one providing top-end ski holidays and the other teaching people to sail in Greece. For around two decades we became better and better at putting together activity-based holidays, one company doing fun things in the snow, the other having adventures in the Med.
In 1999, Thomas Cook, who owned both companies at the time, decided that it would make perfect sense for us to join together. That was when the famous orange logo was created, and Neilson Active Holidays as we know it came into existence.
From our base here in Brighton Marina, we create our award-winning beach, sailing and ski holidays and continue to perfect the art of making everyone feel welcome. No matter what your levels of experience or favourite activities are, Neilson Holidays really do let you relax as hard as you like.
In December 2013, Risk Capital Partners backed a management buyout of Neilson Active Holidays Ltd and we are now a wholly independent holiday company, looking forward to continuing to develop holidays we love to share with our guests. And we look forward to welcoming you to the mountains, the water and the beach in the near future.
• Up to £120 per couple Cash-Back off brochure
prices! See individual price panels for details
• Save up to 50% off all skis, snowboard and
boot hire – saving up to £140 per couple
• FREE Group Places – up to 1 in 5 travels FREE/
up to 10 FREE places for larger groups
• Save up to £200 with our lift pass offers on selected
dates including ‘2-for-1’ in Les 2 Alpes and ‘Buy One Get
One Half Price’ in Tignes and Val d’Isère on selected dates*
• Save up to £155 per child with FREE children’s lift passes
in Avoriaz, Les Gets and Les Arcs on selected dates*
• Beginner packages for first-time skiers, saving up to £114
• FREE Ski Hosting with your Ski Total Representative
3 days a week in Ischgl, Lech, Obergurgl & Sölden in Austria
• FREE Wifi in every chalet and Chalet Hotel
• FREE ski insurance for children – for all children under 18
years whose parents book Ski Total insurance
• FREE Resort Extras – a host of ideas to add to your holiday,
including FREE swimming and ice skating, or a day’s skiing in a
• FREE airport car-parking with an overnight hotel stay and up to
35% discount at all UK airports – see page 11 for details
• Save £££’s with our fantastic value chalet cuisine!
With so much food, wine and tea/coffee included, your
Euro-spending in resort is kept to an absolute minimum